At the conclusion of the Third Partition in 1795, the territories of the former Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth were divided among Russia (62% of the area, 45% of the population), Prussia (20% of the land, 23% of the people) and Austria (18% of the land, 32% of the population). Although these borders were not final and would undergo revisions, most notably during the Napoleonic wars and after the Congress of Vienna, Polish independence would not return until 1918.
Poland automotive history timeline:
here 1896 In the shop of StanisŁaw Grodzki, the first car appeared for sale in Warsaw. It was a Karl Benz model.
buy finasteride online pharmcom 1897 Count Karol Raczyński was an investor in Belgium’s automobile industry and one of the first owners of a car in Poland.
http://rabisingoznuru.com/tag/apse/ 1918 Poland regained its independence following World War I, the retreating armies had left behind a large number of military vehicles on Polish territory and many needed to be repaired to be useful again. Needing vehicles for its army, the Polish Ministry of War Affairs sets up a company called Centralne Warsztaty Samochodowe (CWS) [Central Auto Works ] in Warsaw to repair the abandoned cars and trucks. When the number of repairable vehicles began to dwindle, CWS began to import new ones, including Ford Model-Ts, which were converted into the desired military vehicles.
1921 In Warsaw, Stefan KozŁowski and Antoni FrĄckowiak built three small vehicles called the SKAF.
1924 MikoŁaj Karpowski built a large open car named the Polonia.
1920s and 1930s Other cars produced in Poland included the Stetysz (20 cars), AS (200), and WM (2). The Depression of the 1930s put most manufacturers and importers out of business.
1927 CWS makes its own cars and offers them for sale to private individuals.
1931 CWS ceases production and the company, now called PaŃstwowe ZakŁady Inżynerii (National Engineering Works) begins to manufacture cars under license from Fiat (Italy). The Fiat was the first mass produced car in Poland and 10,000 were sold before the eve of World War II.
1951 Fabryka Samochodów Osobowych (FSO) [Passenger Automobile Factory] is established by the Polish Communist government and is based in Warsaw. Under Soviet control, Polish-built versions of unreliable Russian models were made, like Warszawa and also popular Syrena (Mermaid).
1965 Poland is allowed to sign a deal with Fiat to produce better cars such as the Fiat 125p. In 1973, the Fiat 126p began production and was affectionately known as the Maluch (baby).
1989 Soviet control over Poland ends after the fall of the communist government in Poland. However, the Soviet Northern Group of Forces did not leave Polish soil until 1993.
1993 Volkswagen establishes a factory in Poznan.
1994 An agreement is signed with General Motors (GM) assemble the Opel Astra in Żerań.
1995 FSO is sold to the Korean Daewoo Motors, which was at that time a competitor of GM, and the company was renamed Daewoo-FSO.
1996 Volkswagen AG Group becomes a 100% owner of the Poznan factory.
The automaker would become a joint venture, tentatively named GM FSO, the report added.
1998 General Motors (GM) build their own factory in Gliwice, where the production of Opel Astra is relocated. GM’s assembly line at FSO is used for a short time to assemble the Opel Vectra for the local market and then shut down completely, ending the relationship with GM.
2000 Daewoo goes bankrupt leading to an acute deterioration of FSO’s position in the industry. Daewoo Motors is bought out by General Motors (and its Asian partners), but overseas manufacturing subsidiaries such as Daewoo-FSO are not part of the deal. FSO becomes an independent company.
2000 – 2007 FSO is granted a licence to manufacture Daewoo Lanos and Daewoo Matiz cars but the cars become unpopular in Poland. FSO were saved by the Ukrainian market where Matiz and Lanos cars are assembled by the local partner AvtoZAZ and become very popular.
2004 Daewoo-FSO is re-named FSO.
2006 The parent company of FSO, UkrAVTO, signed a license agreement with General Motors to produce the Chevrolet Aveo (T250) saloon. A new company was formed, whose shareholders were FSO (60%) and GM (40%); FSO provided the plant, while GM provided the finances. The first Aveo rolled off the FSO plant on 11 July 2007.
2011 The license for the Aveo production expires and is not re-newed by GM and so Fabryka Samochodów Osobowych (FSO), closes down.